Techno can often be separated into distinct sects and styles; from Detroit's other worldly synths to Berlin's hard line 909s, however when it comes to finding a place for Dave Clarke's style, he emerges peerless by definition. Also a producer in his own right it is really Clarke's role as a DJ where he has had a pronounced influence on the sonic landscape. His electro boogie mixes of the late 90's came to represent the electro funk movement, then in the mid 00’s his ‘World Service’ compilations showed him to be a vanguard for progression and form across the spectrum of electronic music. Brighton born Clarke now calls Amsterdam home serving as an international base for his continued prosperity on the international DJ circuit as well as for his White Noise radio show which continues to enable Clarke as a pioneer for the future sounds of electronic music.
As we gear up for his journey to Farringdon this Saturday, where he shares Room Two with Psycatron who are performing live, DC has found time to lay down this exclusive mix for our blog and diverts from his aural insights into the sounds and shape shifts of techno to come of White Noise instead leading us through an arrray of vintage classics from Grace Jones to Dead Presidents also including a previously unreleased DC remix.
01. Vivien Goldman - Private Armies (Dub)
02. U.K. Subs - Warhead
03. Bauhaus - She's in ...Here comes the dub
04. Arbeid Adelt! - Death Disco
05. Executive Slacks - The Bus
06. Dead Presidents -Theme
07. The Fall - Telephone Thing
08. Grace Jones - Pull Up To The Bumper
09. Kissing The Pink - Big Man Restless (Original Extented Version)
10. Abfahrt - Alone it's me (UAD Mastered)
11. The League Unlimited Orchestra -Things That Dreams Are Made Of (Instrumental Mix)
12. Electronic - Let's make it Happen (DC Remix)
13. The Dirtbombs - Sharivari