Audio: Ewan Pearson - FABRICLIVE x Kill Em All Mix
Ewan Pearson is one of those guys whose studio technique precedes him. Working as himself an under pseudonyms not only is he one hell of a producer, go-to remixer and DJ, he’s also the kind of incredibly learned person who can write interesting prose that’s centered on or around music. A long time contributor to Germany’s Groove magazine Pearson’s consistently found the time to vent and praise in equal measure both through his column and his own Enthusiasm blog and ultimately, his are the kind of opinions we’ve grown with and respect.
Making a mix whose opening statement reads “this stuff is for dancing, not for analysis…” is exactly the kind of gambit you’d expect from someone like Ewan, a guy whose love for club music rivals his level of integration with computers and analogue studio technologies. Long(er) story short, he’s playing here on Friday for Kill Em All and thankfully he found time in a pretty hectic schedule to put together this mix: a taught exploration of the kind of rhythms you’ll hear him playing when he headlines Room Two on the 4th May…
Download: Ewan Pearson – FABRICLIVE x Kill Em All Mix
1. Jonathan Richman – My Music (a poem)
2. Sinkane – Runnin’ (Dapni Remix / Ewan Pearson re-edit) [Sinkane]
3. DrumTalk – Silver & Gold (Marc Romboy Interpretation) [More Music]
4. Pilocha Krach – Discolight (Acid Pauli remix) [Greatest Hits International)
5. Undo and Ryan Davis – Destino [Factor City]
6. Simian Mobile Disco – A Species Out of Control [Wichita]
7. Jesper Dahlback – DX2 [Studio Barnhus]
8. Kölsch – Opa [Speicher]
Catch Ewan in Room Two on the 4th May.