Audio: Hypercolour Presents Glass Table fabric Promo Mix
Next Saturday we have a mighty crew doing the hosting honours in Room Three: Hypercolour are set to present Glass Table - their built to jack off-centre house imprint. Amongst their roster they count a galaxy of rising stars including Maya Jane Coles who, at 23 years old, is the name on everybody’s lips right now - the dance community in awe of her output. We speak to label boss Alex Jones who has also given us this exclusive Hypercolour Presents Glass Table mix to find out more about this exciting and fresh venture.
Download: Hypercolour presents Glass Table fabric Promo Mix by Alex Jones
“The ‘Glasstable’ is actually in my living room and it was a place that Jamie (Cedric Maison) & I would listen to new promos and make a lot of A&R decisions when we first started Hypercolour - often when we had returned from a club/party, often worse for wear. We had our first one in about 6 months recently, for about 6 months actually as he pissed off to Ibiza for the summer. Anyways... we decided we should pay homage to it by creating a record label in its honor.
“It would be an outlet for slightly more experimental music/not straight up house and techno like its estranged cousin Hypercolour; the sort of music that you can listen to with ease in the very early hours when feeling slightly inebriated or effected. All the vinyl are picture discs that I design and all the artwork/videos are fairly controversial – just like it can get around the table when you have a house full of idiots (or friends as some people like to call them). Artists we’re working with at the moment include Jimmy Edgar, Kyle Hall, Soul Clap & Catz n Dogz together
as CLAPZ II DOGZ & of course AXEL BOMAN... Who we have headlining the room next Saturday.”
“The mix I have put together I think encapsulates the sort of sound you can expect to hear from us in the room on the night – it has a fair few exclusive sneak peeks of forthcoming Hypercolour and Glasstable releases and some other tracks that have nothing to do with the label what so ever (although I wish they did) – they just push my buttons so to speak.”
1. Steve Bug - Drives me up the wall (Les Rythmes Digitales remix) [Raw Elements]
2. Soul Capsule - Overcome [Trelik]
3. Alex Jones feat. Kris Wadsworth - Cowboy Trap [Forthcoming on Hypercolour]
4. Osborne - Bout ready to Jack [Spectral Sound]
5. Leif - Down [Forthcoming on Hypercolour]
6. Maya Jane Coles - Nobody Else (Kris Wadsworth remix) [Forthcoming on Hypercolour]
7. George Levings - Good
8. Tom Demac - Lose That, Tape This [Forthcoming on Hypercolour]
9. Mark Henning - Collider [Cityfox]
10. Alex Jones - Disappointing Dancefloors [Forthcoming on Hypercolour]
11. Axel Boman - Esteban Peligro [Forthcoming on Glass Table]
For more info and to get tickets to see Hypercolour go here.