Klute’s Commercial Suicide label has been home to a number of key artists within drum & bass over the past 10 years - something they recently solidified with a compilation which you can read about here, but having been twiced voted ‘Best Dutch DJ’ the Amsterdam based Nymfo is no stranger to glowing praise such as this. Bardo Camp, as his mother knows him, has a discography that stretches across some of d&b’s leading light labels with releases on imprints like Shogun Ltd, Renegade Hardware, CIA and Dispatch after he made his entrance to the scene in 2007 alongside Icicle on Kasra’s Critical Recordings.
“I started as a DJ when I was 14, but soon after that I started to promote as well,” Nymfo states. “I liked this from day one already. I wanted to produce, but was very lazy most of the time. After I met Icicle, the producing part was getting more interesting for me. He gave me lots of tips and tricks, so it was easier for me to start.”
With Klute putting him on at Commercial Suicide’s Room Three takeover this Friday and the material included in this promotional mix it seems clear that 2012 looks more than promising for Nymfo. Having always been a DJ first it comes as little surprise that his mix is littered with the kind of metronome synced mixing expected of such an opportunity.
Download: Nymfo – FABRICLVIE x Commercial Suicide Mix
01. Commix – Time Has Come – Metalheadz
02. Klute – We R The Ones (Ulterior Motive Remix) – Commercial Suicide
03. Dabs – Subsidiary – Dispatch Recordings
04. Nymfo – Under Fire – Commercial Suicide
05. S & S – No Way Out – Dub
06. Icona Pop – Nights Like This (Icicle Remix)
07. Siren – Snorkel (SPY Remix) – Dub
08. Dose – Hardwired – Subtitles
09. Nymfo – Resolve (Klute Remix) – Commercial Suicide
10. Break – Evil Twin – Symmetry
11. Amoss – Footloose (Octane & DLR Remix) – Dub
12. Nymfo & June Miller – Boshoven – Commercial Suicide
13. Black Sun Empire – Chaingang (Jade Remix) – BSE Recordings
14. Icicle & Nymfo – Adrift
15. dBridge – The Little Things – Metalheadz
Catch Nymfo in Room Three at RAM this Friday.
Photo: Rene Passet