Like I said this morning, in preparation for Critical Sound in Room One this Friday, we'd asked a few of the dudes on the lineup to pick a topic and choose some of their favourite examples of it. You can trust Sam Binga (a guy we introduce a little more properly right here) to run with an idea though and instead of a list of youtube rips or soundcloud links he just submitted this, his 'Sun Up Windows Down Mix' which is basically his who's who of crunk music.
Of it the Bristol based producer who's fast re-wiring the way people think about the 160bpm mode, said: "These are some of my favourite voices and beats from the durrty durrty over the years. All this music is massively inspiring for me, and more importantly, it's the ideal stuff to play on the way to the club - bass up, windows down, roll like a G. The mix gets a bit faster and more full on as it goes along, so hopefully by the time you reach the dance, you'll be ready to switch it up for a night of clubbier shit."
"And don't worry, I won't be playing a crunk set on Friday for Critical Sound!"
1. Big K.R.I.T. - Country Shit
2. UGK - The Game Belongs To Me
3. Three 6 Mafia ft. UGK - Sippin On Some Syrup
4. Gucci Mane - No No No
5. Fiend - Motor In Her Back
6. Tum Tum ft. Slim Thug - Cruising Down The Block
7. Young Jeezy - My Hood
8. T.I. ft. UGK - Front Back
9. Lil Boosie ft. Lil' Phat - I'm A Dog
10. Bun B - I Git Down 4 Mine
11. Mystikal - That's That Shit
12. Master P - Welcome To My City
13. Juvenile ft. B.G. - Catch Your Cut
14. Chalie Boy - I Look Good
15. Young Jeezy - Go Crazy
16. T.I. ft. B.G. - What They Do
17. Rich Boy - Boy Looka Here