Online rumours among the faithful have been growing for months, building to a fever point of anticipation. Now it can be revealed at last, these two outstanding names of the electronic music scene are to finally combine forces with Sasha’s fabric 99 mix. The producer, DJ, live artist and label head has had a long and close relationship with the iconic club, and his mix compilation, including two unreleased Sasha cuts, marks the penultimate issue of the fabric hundred.
"Getting the chance to do this fabric CD was an honour. Some of my fondest moments playing in London have been at that club. I really wanted to capture what I do there as I feel it’s somewhere I play differently to anywhere else in the world."- Sasha
‘Playing differently’ is Sasha’s trademark approach to his craft. He always seeks new challenges and worlds to conquer, from his seminal Scene Delete album to his darkly melodic DJ sets, alone or with John Digweed, at worldwide gigs and residencies, to his recent triumphant, swiftly sold-out REFRACTED:LIVE’ shows at prestigious music venues in major UK cities.
With his customary inimitable mixing skills, Sasha transforms 20 tracks into a seamlessly crafted whole. His transitions are legendary among devotees, who will find what they’re looking for in fabric 99. Broken beats and ambient note progressions combine with melodic techno and uplifting house, stealthily building an expansive soundscape that blends futurism and nostalgia. Disparate aesthetics and varying percussive structures grow together into a cohesive and haunting experience. Ranging from timeless tracks by Carl Craig, Exercise One & Mathew Jonson to recent gems from Objekt, Kora, Jus-ed and DJ Hell, and two unreleased works from Sasha himself, one a rework of BAILE.
The mix was recorded in fabric’s Room One booth, using a combination of hardware and software from Eventide, Model 1, Allen & Heath and MOOG, as well as a variety of other equipment incorporated into the overall production of the release.
1. Agnes Obel - Stretch Your Eyes (Ambient Acapella) / Agnes Obel - Stretch Your Eyes (Quiet Village Remix) [Play it Again Sam]
2. Marbert Rocel - I Wanna (Heitzberg Theorem Club Edit) [Compost Black Label / Compost Records]
3. Kora (CA) - Ovo [Kindisch]
4. Tom Flynn - Cup Of Joe [Into Orbit]
5. Indigo - Sunrise [Cooking Vinyl obo R&S Records / The Orchard] / CLOSE feat. Joe Dukie - My Way [!K7 Records]
6. DJ Hell - Guede (Joyce Muniz Terror + Natur Remix) [International Deejay Gigolo Records]
7. Ghosts On Tape - Nature's Law (Jus-Ed Remix) [Icee Hot]
8. Whitesquare - Abraxas [20/20 Vision]
9. Crowdpleaser - After Rhône 2013 [Tamed Musiq]
10. Exercise One & Mathew Jonson - Lost Forever In A Happy Crowd [Exone]
11. Sasha - Smoke Monk (fabric Mix) [Last Night On Earth]
12. Objekt - Needle & Thread [Objekt]
13. Jono Ma & Dreems - A Love Trance Mission From Nk To 7s [Kompakt]
14. Efdemin - Acid Bells (DJ Koze Edit) [Curle Recordings / N.E.W.S.]
15. Javier Logares & Kaarel - La Cuarta Galaxia (Tiefschwarz Remix) [Studio Kreuzberg] / George Fitzgerald - Echo Forgets (Sasha’s Moog-apella) [Domino Recording Co.]
16. Carl Craig - At Les (Feat. Francesco Tristano, Les Siècles & François-Xavier Roth) (Antigone Remix) [InFiné Music]
17. BAILE - Amae feat. Felicia Douglass (Sasha fabric1999 Mix) [Last Night On Earth]
fabric 99: Sasha will be released on 22nd June
Order your copy here.
Sasha launches fabric 99 with an all night long set in Room One on 30th June.
Tickets available here.