From 2006 onwards his Stella Sessions on Rinse FM became a platform for devoted fans to hear new material, much of which can be traced onto forums and YouTube rips across the web. On a legendary radio station that still serves as one of the key platforms for underground music in the UK, he sustained a reputation as a tastemaker presenting the latest sought-after dubs, many of which came from his close friends.
"fabric has been a massive part of my family since I was sixteen or seventeen, and I first heard one of my tunes get played in room three. I thought that was the main room at the time!" – Skream
A prolific producer, he has acclaimed EPs and albums on Tempa, Tectonic, Big Apple, Soul Jazz, Exit, Digital Soundboy, Greco-Roman and Harmless amongst others, as well as his own Disfigured Dubz imprint. In 2010 he formed the Skream & Benga radio show alongside his closest contemporary, which paved the way for a two year residency on BBC Radio 1 documenting a broader variety of styles. He is now a regular on the global DJ circuit, touring a wide range of venues and festivals the year round.
FABRICLIVE 96 is a playful journey through the house, techno and disco he has explored in more recent years. Ricocheting percussion and bold textures build a formidable energy that is rowdy at times, visceral at others. Stripped back cuts like Bufiman’s Peace Moves and Alexkid’s Yonqui establish a groove before making way for peak time bombs like Floorplan’s cathartic Made Up My Mind and Radio Slave’s acid trance burner Screaming Hands (Krautdrums Mix). Also featured are two new productions from the man himself, as well as entries from Hieroglyphic Being, Sascha Funke and a 90s gem from LA Synthesis.
FABRICLIVE 96 is Skream in party mode. Over 75 minutes he blends careful selections in high spirits, channelling the good-time atmosphere that cemented his reputation as one of today’s most entertaining DJs.
1. Ashrams – Hieroglyphic Being, Sarathy Korwar & Shabaka Hutchings [Technicolour]
2. Peace Moves – Bufiman [Dekmantel]
3. Sounds Of A Different Colour (Kincaid & Sinàl's Remix) – James Burton [Of Unsound Mind]
4. Yonqui – Alexkid [Rekids]
5. Jack The Bass – Jon Rundell [Etch]
6. An Ode to Mr. Smith – Skream [Unreleased]
7. Untitled B2 – Santos Rodriguez [Cosmic]
8. Made Up In My Mind – Floorplan [M-Plant]
9. Screaming Hands (Krautdrums Mix) – Radio Slave [Rekids]
10. MZ – Sascha Funke [Turbo]
11. Lies – Greg Venezia [Of Unsound Mind]
12. They Are Controlled Pt. 1 [Domina Trxxx]
13. Agraphobia (Original Mix) – LA Synthesis [Vortexian]
14. SDN – Skream [Unreleased]
FABRICLIVE 96 will be released on Friday 19th January.
Pre-order your copy here.
Skream launches FABRICLIVE 96 on the same night.
For full line-up details and tickets, visit here.