"I focused on the artists that get me out of bed": Sama’ Abdulhadi for the next 'fabric presents' mix
The Palestinian electronic music trailblazer weaves through intercontinental techno, psytrance and hip-hop in the mix set for release on 24th November.
Sama’ Abdulhadi joins the ‘fabric presents’ series with first-ever curated mix album from the artist. The Palestinian electronic music trailblazer, founder of UNION Collective, and inspiring tastemaker, presents a new mix that weaves intercontinental techno, psytrance and hip-hop, set for a full release on 24th November.
The first single is out today on streaming platforms: “Well fee” from Sama’ featuring long-time friend and MC of the ministry of Dub-key and of 47 Soul, Walaa Sbait.
“I have too many precious memories of fabric and the fact that I am releasing my first ever compilation and vinyl release with the club is such a John Travolta moment! When I started to compile this release, I thought of all the cool artists that I like but there are too many to choose from, so I focused on the tracks that got me out of bed this year, that really speak to me. They have so much to say; they yell through a synthesizer like I yell when I perform.” – Sama’ Abdulhadi
In the five years since her legendary Boiler Room set—which has clocked over 12 million views—catapulted her into the upper ranks of global electronic music, Abdulhadi has graced the world’s biggest stages and festivals. For some time she has been an established tastemaker in the Swana region through initiatives like founding Union Collective for creatives in her hometown of Ramallah in Palestine. But as her career unfolds, Abdulhadi has built a far-reaching global network from the ground up through collaboration and touring, but also through mentoring initiatives, like her work with Point Blank Music School and as a future tutor in Pete Tong’s Music Academy.
Her diversity of taste is proudly reflected in the eclectic choice of tracks on her new compilation, featuring artists from across the globe who each mean different things to her, whether they’re new artists getting a leg-up or established acts that she considers influences. Explore the full tracklist below and listen to "Wee Fee" now.
fabric presents Sama’ Abdulhadi is out on 24th November (double vinyl, CD, digital). Pre-order here.
fabric presents Sama’ Abdulhadi – fabric Records
1. Khainz - The Drift [Spectrum]
2. Vazik - Clouds And Stars [Techgnosis]
3. Pan-Pot - Confronted [mobilee]
4. XZYKO - Kangoa [We Are Connected Music]
5. Lampé - Where To Start [Subios Records]
6. Karim Alkhayat & NÚRIA - Legend [Legend]
7. Carbon & Peter Groskreutz - Discharge [fabric Records]*
8. Sama’ Abdulhadi ft. Walaa Sbeit - Well Fee [fabric Records]*
9. Flug - Phase One [Suara]
10. Kos:mo - Flashback [Respekt]
11. Lutgens - ASMR [fabric Records]*
12. Coyu - Snow In Ipanema [Suara]
13. Mython - Sexual Deviant [Suara]
14. Bruce Zalcer - The Wizard [Kneaded Pains]
15. TimiR & Unlighted - System [fabric Records]*
16. Psycrain & C.A.T - Goosebombs [Bassclef Records]
17. hngT - Artificial Awareness [Volta]
18. Michael Klein - Contact [RX Recordings]
19. YA Z AN - NADA-R [Open Music Lab]
20. Sylvie Miles - Man In The Woods [Space Kraft Recordings]
21. Dyzen - Tesseract [Afterlife]
22. Acid Arab - Laba Staifia (Ammar 808 Remix) [Crammed Discs]
A1 Acid Arab - Laba Staifia (Ammar 808 Remix) [Crammed Discs]
A2 XZYKO - Kangoa [We Are Connected Music]
B1 Sama’ Abdulhadi ft. Walaa Sbait - Well Fee [fabric Records]
B2 Carbon & Peter Groskreutz - Discharge [fabric Records]
C1 Michael Klein - Contact [RX Recordings]
C2 Sylvie Miles - Man In The Woods [Space Kraft Recordings]
D1 Lutgens - ASMR [fabric Records]
D2 Psycrain & C.A.T - Goosebombs [Bassclef Records]