We are looking for a passionate Head of fabric Originals to spearhead our new expansion and strategy to release original music tailored for the dancefloor, while continuing to oversee our historical work.
Label Management responsibilities:
- Overseeing and strategizing the day-to-day operation of Originals
- Growing fabric’s new label Originals as a leading electronic music imprint that represents the values of the club
- Managing all functions of the label: A&R, licensing, mastering, manufacturing, marketing, distribution, sales and promotion
- Develop, maintain and circulate the label release schedule
- Evaluation of the music industry landscape and development of progressive ideas to take our labels forward
External partner management (design, distribution, PR agencies):
- Organising the production of physical records and digital releases
- Managing the distribution of records and digital releases
- Overseeing our fabricfirst subscription service as well as the fabric shopify page
- Commissioning and organising photo/video shoots for signed artists
- Coordinating record release launch shows with our booking team
- Managing artwork production and copywriting for release
- Developing outstanding, long-term relationships with valuable partners, agencies and suppliers
Financial / legal responsibilities:
- Preparing, controlling and managing P&L, sales forecasts and budgets
- Overseeing and managing all functions of the label including and not limited to: signing artists, writers and catalogues, negotiating artist and sub-publisher contracts, song registration, royalty tracking, synchronisation and legal
- Managing timely submissions of all royalty statements and payments
- Overseeing and negotiating all legal matters
- Liaising closely with the Financial Director being responsible for all financial matters relating to the publishing company, including signing off on all label expenditure
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- 6+ years of experience in record label management or a similar role
- A passion for underground electronic music
- Proven, demonstrable expertise in running successful campaigns for music releases
- Entrepreneurial, creative and ROI-focused mindset
- Excellent industry contacts
We value the importance of having a diverse, equal, and inclusive culture and work environment. Therefore, we highly encourage and support applications from all genders, backgrounds, ethnicities, and orientations.
Please include your CV and portfolio with examples of your work in your application.
To apply, please head to our page on Doors Open here.